Research and development of high-performance next generation motors using electromagnetic analysis and experimental approach
Advanced Motor System Laboratory
- Categories of technology seeds
- AI (Artificial Intelligence)、shape optimization、electromagnetic analysis、motor、
Department of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
1. Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Energy
2. Information Science and Engineering/Artificial Intelligence
3. Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Power Engineering
In this laboratory, we are conducting research to improve the motor performance using electromagnetic field analysis and experimental approaches as our core technologies. We are also researching next-generation electromagnetic design technology using AI and other techniques.
Motor load testing equipment, multiphase inverters, voltage/current waveform measurement equipment
Forte of this laboratory's study
1. Electromagnetic design of motors
2. Load test of motors
3. Smart electromagnetic design using AI
4. Motor drive simulation
Achivements/proposals via industry-academia collabolations
・Development of a Low-Torque Ripple Motor System Using a Multiphase Motor
・Robust Motor Design for Minimizing the Effect of Dimensional Crossing Using shape Optimization
・Pole changing motor
・Sensor-less Control Method for Synchronous Reluctance Motors
Areas interesting to interact with
Research on improving the performance of motor, such as
・Variable Flux Motors
・Pole changing motor
Research on advanced motor simulation, such as
・Automatic magnetic design
・Smart design using AI
・Motor drive simulation
In my previous job, I worked on a manufacturing company as a researcher. I have achieved nearly 20 patent registrations, mainly in manufacturing methods and motor H/W.
Joint research is always welcome. We are trying on a wide range of motor research themes, including motor design, experimental evaluation, and drives. We are also working on practical research on methodologies for effective using of AI, so feel free to contact us.
- Fig. 1 Industrial motors. Research on a wide variety of motors, including automobiles and servo, is researched.
- Fig. 2 Prototype motor.
Peformance of the designed motor is confirmed using load testing.